Elven Sted provides affordable, good quality housing that welcomes a range of households, including:
- Stoughton’s workforce
- People with disabilities
Some units are built to the highest standards of accessibility. The site is graded to optimize walker and wheelchair use. Anyone can visit the Elven Sted apartments, including people who use mobility devices.
Apartment rents are set to be affordable for working households. Household income cannot exceed 60% county median income.
The grounds feature community vegetable gardens in raised beds and a rain garden with plant species that will mitigate storm water runoff into river and add beauty to the landscape.
- Near Stoughton’s downtown at Eighth and Dunkirk
- Yahara River is out your backdoor—easy access to fishing, boating, and hiking and biking along riverfront!
- Laundry in every unit
- Rent includes heat in most units
- Security locked building
- Garage and surface parking available
- Community space for all residents
- Free computer center available
Committed to sustainability
- High efficiency heating system
- Tons of insulation for your comfort
- Community gardens on site
- Wisconsin Green Built© Certified
Affordable rent, yet plenty of space
Elven Sted has been designed to provide lots of living space, yet rents
are very affordable. Contact the Elven Sted property manager, 608/541-8844, who will calculate rent for available units you are interested in, based on household size and income.
Income restrictions apply
Elven Sted is being built by a non-profit organization, Movin’ Out Inc, and is financed using affordable housing tax credits. Movin’ Out is using this financial assistance to reduce the cost of building the project, allowing us to charge lower rents to tenants who are income-qualified.
The tax credit program mentioned above requires that all tenants verify their household annual income when they apply, and each year thereafter.